4.25.2009

Sadly..it doesn't come around too often, but...

when it does, it's awesome.

First,

My wonderful fantabulous husband turned, Shhh, 29. Yes, he's 1 year away from the big 3-0. He is amazing. He is the most honest genuinely sincere man I have ever met. He never says an ill word about anyone. He always tries to find the good in everyone. He is inspiring. I aim to be like him each day, but I fall short(literally too). He is the most amazing DAD. He is the boys' hero. They adore him as I do. I love every single thing about him. Okay, maybe there is this one thing. He does not like to kiss the boys' tootsies. Not even when they were tiny babies, I don't quite understand that. Who can resist? Not me, def. not me.

Here's to you baby. We love you.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Now...on with the really exciting and greatest birthday present (for both of us).
The day after his birthday my wonderful parents helped us have a date night. I wasn't even sure if I remembered what that was, but oh, it was just like riding a bike.

We went to a movie.
Then came the very best part of our date.

dinner

It was ridiculously amazing. We had been hearing about this place for quite a while and we were thrilled that we were finally going to be able to try it out. A little worried bc we were afraid to be disappointed, but oh (let me mention that my mouth is watering as I speak) it was GOOD.

Ryan started with an appetizer..... Cheese Steak Egg Rolls


Image and video hosting by TinyPic They were delicous. I had a bite and they were good. Ryan finished a whole appetizer all by himself. That never happens. He really did love them. It was Grilled steak, cheese and caramelized onions.

Then came the entrees.

He.....1/2 rack of ribs with fries

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

She....Grilled chicken with Angel Hair pasta and grilled season veggies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This was mouth watering. The pasta had a light creamy lemon sauce. The veggies were seasoned to perfection. All my favorites. Zuchini, Squash, Tomatoes and Asparagus. So good.

I thought it all couldn't get any better, but I was extremely Wrong.

Dessert....Fresh Strawberry shortcake.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It was a delicious scratch made cake on top of a fresh strawberry puree with fresh strawberries in the middle with homemade whipped cream in the middle and on top, followed by a generous portion of powdered sugar on top.

I had a wonderful evening. It was much needed.

I don't know if we enjoyed the food so much bc it was so good.....OR... bc...we weren't interrupted by little boys needing drinks, bathroom breaks, something falling on the ground, telling them not to talk with their outside voices inside or that we were able to eat our food while it was still hot.

Now excuse me while I go get a napkin and clean up my drool.

3 comments:

  1. What was the restaurant??

    Happy Birthday Ryan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sadly it doesn't happen in our house very often either. but man, that food looks GOOD! happy birthday ry ry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ryan from all of us in Utah! The food looked great!

    ReplyDelete