5.23.2009

My Husband.

My husband, he is an amazing man. In the past month, exactly 1 month on Wednesday, I've been reminded of how much he does for me. How he spoils me. How kind and loving he is. What an amazing father he is.

The reason I've been reminded of this is because he made a decision that was completely against MY better judgement, which left him handicapped for a full month.

Yes, it's true. He broke his ankle. Not the whole thing, but part of it.

I will have to say, if he would have just taken my advice (done what I wanted)this wouldn't have happenend.
Don't worry I've let him know it.

He plays in basketball leagues all through out the year. I've very supportive of them. I mean, sometimes I really just want him to stay home and hang out with me, but never a big deal. On this specific night, I asked that he not go and instead go with me to a family function we were having. He said he was going. I said FINE. About 2 hrs. later I get a phone call that goes as follows:

(our conversations aren't usually like this, but I was pretty upset)
Me....Hello
Ryan....Hey, how are you?
Me...Fine and you? How was your game?
Ryan....We lost.
Me...Alright well I'll see you at home.
Ryan....Can you stop and pick up a bag of ice on your way home?
Me...Oh Ryan, What happened? (Now a bit more sympathetic)
Ryan...I sprained my ankle.

My heart immediately thumped and I switched from mad mode to the man I love, my amazing husband is hurt. I'm not with him. I need to make things better. I just want to love him right now.

Two weeks later it wasn't getting any better so he went to the hospital and they told him it was broken. They couldn't believe he hadn't gotten it checked out.

It's been a challenge dealing with this broken ankle thing. We've gotten through it. I do rub it in his face all the time, if he would have just listened to me.

Great things we've heard due to the foot.

Lukas " Daddy, why you jumping like that"
Lukas " Daddy, you got a booboo"

Stranger "Oh that looks horrible"
Stranger "Man that's huge"


Here are some pics of his ankle progression.

Warning: The images you're about to see may cause jaw dropping, teeth clenching oh man's. Not suitable for those with feet.














Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic




4 comments:

  1. yikes Ryan! Plus, now you've given Karla free reign to use that I told you so line at least for the next 6 months!

    Hope you get healed quickly.... Russ and I are playing on a team together this summer in Holly Springs. Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh that last one made me want to vomit a little! hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang!!! crazy foot!!!! i hope that you feel better soon. call me son sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOSH!!! Poor guy!! And I loved reading this story!

    ReplyDelete