For the month or so I've been pretty sick. Not many people know exactly what is going, not even me. I was throwing up all the time, I was nauseous, I was just not well. Okay, thanks to my mom (who was very persistant) you can rest assured I am not pregnant. If I were, that would be C..R..A..Z..Y!
After a while it was believed and I had all the symptoms of a failing gall bladder. I had to have a HIDA Scan. I had to go to the hospital for a 4 hour exam that involved the following: IV, needles, radiation in me for 45 mins., and a very strong nauseating medicine for another 30 mins. oh and did I mention, needles.
Now, the gall bladder is no big deal. Get the test (very simple) done, outpatient surgery, a few days of recovery and ta-da all fixed, no more throwing up, no more constant heartburn, no more nausea. But did I mention I'm terrified of anything related to medicine.
Besides Thanksgiving break and Christmas break, the other thing teachers look forward to is SPRING BREAK. Unfortunately this year, NOT QUITE.
I spent the 2nd half of my Spring Break doing the following:
A HIDA Scan
Here is me under the camera for the first 1 1/2 hr. This is the very beginning so I am very happy. Except for the fact that I have radiation fluid running all through my body.
After 2 hrs. I get a break before the 2nd part of the exam. For the 2nd part they gave me this medicine that made me 100% nauseaus for exactly 9 mintues. I seriuosly thought I was dying. The WORST part...you CAN'T move for exactly 30 mins.
I was very fortunate to have this very special lady with me the entire time. She held my hand during the IV insertion and rubbed my head and hands during the rough parts of the exam.
Thanks MOM.
The hospital staff was very nice. The room I was in had this images in the lights. It was interesting to watch. I told the tech that they should move, he said in some hospitals they have tv monitors up there for the people to relax....I need to go there...
But as nice as this picture was, nothing relaxed me more than to come home to my boys, it was lunch time when I got home. This made me forget it all. 
So after all that....it's not my gallbladder.
It's either Gastritis or an ulcer. I'm on medication for 2-3 months. I've had to change my diet completely. And with that and the meds. I'm doing much better.
Caleb Homecoming
1 day ago
Oh my gosh Karla! What an absolute nightmare. I am so sorry! All that for nothing AHH! I am so sorry! I hope the meds help you feel better soon!!
ReplyDeletegood night! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that! Glad you're feeling better though!
ReplyDeleteKarla--so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope your Dr.s are able to figure it out and that you are able to find relief!
ReplyDeleteYou had me there...with the title "Oh boy" then all this nausea talk, thought you were saying it was a boy etc. Wow, quite an ordeal you went through! Umm.. It definitely looks like you've lost weight too.
ReplyDeleteget better soon!
ReplyDeletePoor thing! I hope you figure out what it is!! Keep us updated.
ReplyDeleteAw, man. I'm SO sorry Karla. Although I don't know what it likes to feel exactly like you're feeling through this, I can most definitely be empathetic of being sick and in pain. This stinks! I hope you figure it out and feel better!!
ReplyDelete