According to webster ASTIGMATISM means: a defect of an optical system (as a lens) causing rays from a point to fail to meet in a focal point resulting in a blurred and imperfect image .
Examples:


According to the Henderson Family: an vision problem that makes you see not so clear and that when trying to correct it, you look like this!!!!!!!!!!!!
...
.........
.................
.......................
.
..............................................
................................................
................................................................
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
That's right. Mr. Manny man's new toy is a pair of glasses.
He was diagnosed with really bad astigmatism back in January. It took me a long while to find the perfect pair of glasses for him, but I think we accomplished it.
It was really hard on me when I found out. We went to a specialist in VA and as soon as I was told he had really bad astigmatism and that he'd have to start wearing glasses I broke down and cried. I was immediately told not to worry about it, most moms do the same thing.
I had a really hard time with it. I cried and cried oh and I cried. Did I mention I cried? It was a struggle for me. It wasn't because I was ashamed or embarrased or worried about how he'd look. I was very sad. I was so sad to find out that my chunkers hadn't been able to see clear for about 6 months, his whole life. I was hurting to know that the world looked blurry and fuzzy to him.
Of course after really thinking things through, I wasn't sad anymore. I realized that we were blessed that it was uncovered so early and from then on I was a mom on a misison. A mission to find the perfect glasses. To get him seeing better. To learn all there is about Astigmatism and infants. I learned there is a specialist in California that deals with infant eyewear. I really wanted to fly out there, but after being brought back down to earth by my more reasonable thinking husband, I realized that we should probably try to keep my mission w/in about 80 miles from our home. He did visit several doctors. One of which was absolutely horrible. He kept leaving the room to go to his office and look up things in books and online. Then they said that the only glasses that would fit him would be adult size ones, CRAZY!
So now you have it folks. Our man-man is one of the newest members of the optical world.
What'cha think...we think he should be the cover model for the optometry world.
Here he is thinking...What are they doing to me?
Getting fitted
" I don't know what these things are, but I'm liking them!"
Caleb Homecoming
1 day ago
I think it is the cutest thing in the world!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is crazy! I had no idea small children could suffer from astigmatism like bigger children. Nor did I know they could diagnose it so young! I would have cried too for the same reasons! But he looks so stinkin' adorable in them! I love that he is so chunky!
ReplyDeleteHe looks adorable!! I could just squeeze him and eat him right up!! I LOVE the blue rectangle frames, so boyish and stylish!!! I can relate to how you felt sad, I felt the same thing w/ Maddux's health... Looong story, but just know someone else feels your pain! :) Your boys are such STUDS!! :):)
ReplyDeletei think we should vote on who we think he looks like....i bet i would sooooo win! SUPERMAN!!!!!!
ReplyDeletethanks ladies! He really is so adorable w/them.
ReplyDeleteJoyelle...would love to hear about Madduz's health issues someday.
Ok. I'll do a vote. Let me get through birthdaya posts and then I promise auntie alex...I'll do a "he looks like" post.
I've always thought kids with glasses were cute, now I think they are the smartest and most adreable things EVER! I know your boys are so loved by you.
ReplyDeletemanny is to die for.
ReplyDeletehere...make some of this, your mouth will thank you, and your house will smell like heaven. slice it up warm, add some honey and delish.
Whole Wheat Bread
1-2/3 cups warm water
2 teaspoons instant yeast
1 eggs, beaten
3 Tbsp. margarine, melted
1/3 cup honey
3 cups wheat flour
2 cups white flour
1 teaspoon salt
Combine the water, yeast and eggs in the mixing bowl. Add honey and margarine. Mix well Add the wheat flour and beat on high speed for 5 minutes. Then add the white flour and salt and beat on high for 2 more minutes. The dough should be sticky. Let it rise for 10 minutes. Then beat on high for 5 more minutes. Put dough in greased bowl and let rise until doubled in size-about 45 minutes.
Divide dough into two pieces. (I use oil or Pam Spray on my hands and counter when I roll the dough out. I don't use flour. Any additional flour will dry out the bread.) Roll each peice into a rectangle working out all the air bubbles. Turn over and roll tightly into loaf. With the seam side up, pinch the ends into the loaf. With oil on hands, lightly coat and put in greased loaf pan. Let dough rise to top of pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 24-30 minutes. After baking, remove loaves to cooling racks and completely cover with cotton cloths until cool.
Notes: This recipe fits in a Kitchen-Aid mixer and makes 2 loaves
(i know its weird posting this in a comment, but I dont have yout email)
oh my word he is the CUTEST little guy in the entire world! i LOVE his glasses, definitley an excellent choice!
ReplyDeleteHe is soo cute in his glasses! AND he is such a chunk, I love it. :)
ReplyDeleteJill
Hey, I want to hear more about the getting glasses part...we have a niece that is supposed to get glasses. Do you have to go somewhere special. Does he try to take them off all the time? Ellie is 18 months but has some lazy eye problems. Are they expensive? Do tell...I'm dying to get Ellie's eyes taken care of!
ReplyDeletethose glasses rock my world.
ReplyDeletei seriously LOVE them!
well done mom~