1.01.2011

All 5 Senses.

I have a fascination with the month of December. I want to hug it. Kiss it. Smell it. Pinch it.

This year I did just that. I tried my hardest to just focus on my family and creating memories.

Note: The boys got Christmas pj’s very early in the month and they loved wearing them ALL THE TIME. I promise they were washed frequently.

We started by picking out just the perfect tree for our family.

IMG_6466

Decking it.

IMG_6473

IMG_6506

Baking. A lot of baking.

IMG_6470

These are the best sous chefs ever.IMG_6472 

Christmas dinners. Christmas shows.

IMG_6522

Visiting with St. Nick. Lukas made that sweater at preschool from his hands and feet, isn’t it adorable?

IMG_6548

Gingerbread house making.

IMG_6551

IMG_6566 

Family pictures.

IMG_6571 IMG_6583 IMG_6585 

Christmas Eve dinners, including Mom’s famous RECADO.

IMG_6629 

Followed by a game of Chalupa, which Lukas was great at. He won $9.00. Conversation went as follows:

I’m so rich. I won .90 cents. No, Lukas you won $9.00. WHAT. Oh yeah baby! I’m going to JAMAICA.

He asked if I’d drive him.

IMG_6632 


After opening presents Christmas morning we did our usual trip to Raleigh. On the way there it started snowing. It snowed from about 7pm Christmas day until about noon-ish the next. It was crazy. My 1st EVER WHITE CHRISTMAS. The kids were in heaven, ok, we were all in the whitest Heaven. We spent days outside playing. I went sledding for the 1st time ever.

We bundled up.IMG_6648 IMG_6649 IMG_6655 

We did some serious snowball fighting.IMG_6659 

I’m a beach girl. I don’t have the “right” snow attire. So we layered and layered and put on the most random of clothing items.

IMG_6661 IMG_6662 

The boys face planted A WHOLE LOT.IMG_6664 

CHRISTMAS 2010 YOU ROCKED!!!

4 comments:

  1. YAY, so fun to see your Christmas post! Your family is seriously so darling! I can't believe you've never been sledding?! I feel the same way about December as you do, I say bring on all the season has to offer! Glad you had a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the face planting in the snow! My kids would have done the same too. :)
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys are getting SO big! Lots of cute pics, Kar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent' visited blogs in forever, just catching up. what a fun time! we were sending some of our snow your guys way. glad it worked. i loved the christmas tree too, very pretty. boys are so big!

    ReplyDelete