8.22.2010

1/2 full?

Most of the time I feel very frustrated. I get angry that I can’t be a stay at home mom. I hate having to leave the house in the morning and have the kids grab onto my legs and tell me that I don’t need to go to work. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

Then I have to look at my life and I CAN’T feel unbearably frustrated. I have a job that lets me spend as much time with my family as is possible with working outside of the home. I get to have holidays off. I am home for dinner.  But most importantly I get to enjoy a few weeks each summer with them. 24/7 and I LOVE it.

I sit here with watery eyes at the thought that my days with my boys have ended. I think all I have left are memories. Memories of joy that will keep me going for the next school year.

 

Things I will miss:

1. The fact that Manny developed a habit of falling asleep right around 9:30 every morning. He’d go grab a pillow and a blankie and just lay right by my feet and sleep. He’d sleep through Lukas’ screams. He’d sleep through countless phone calls. He’d sleep through Cee-Cee barking at some random noise. He’d sleep and I got to enjoy the little sounds he’d make.

IMG_5984 

2. The boys saving their fries and then going around asking people for their leftovers just so they could go out and feed the seagulls.

IMG_5993 

3. Fat feet in my shoes.

IMG_5992 

4. Morning chore routine. They were so much fun to clean with. It took extra long to do it, but they loved it, so I loved it.

 IMG_5989 

5.Silly faces and superheroes made out of green highlighter tape.

IMG_5988

I love these boys.

4 comments:

  1. atleast you are going to work to help take better care of them and one day when they get older they will understand how much you sacrificed for them!! Keep up the good work you are doing awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your boys are so sweet! I hear you about summer. Why does it ever have to end?? Give Lukas and Manny kisses from Cali will you? Let them know that they are so missed by my raggamuffins. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you karla! your kids will be so thankful for your sacrifice! what a blessing that you get to spend the time with them that you do! you're an amazing mama! i love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggle too, every day. But i am getting closer to realizing that I am doing my best and stop feeling guilty.

    ReplyDelete