5.20.2010

Watery Eyes.

Beep. Beep Beep. That sound, so disturbing, woke me up this morning. A morning like any other morning. I tip toe to the shower with darkness lingering outside. I come out and of course make way to much noise to let my husband keep sleeping. I get ready. Listen to the news. Eat breakfast. Kiss my boys goodbye and walk out of the door.

As I drive into work my thoughts travel to 3 weeks from now when I will be starting my summer break. When I will be enjoying sun rays and the sound of my children 24/7. I can’t wait. I tell myself.. you can do it. Hang in there. Just 3 more weeks.

 

I walk into building and get ready for a very eventful but expected day. EOG testing, ugh. Everyone is on their toes in order to meet AYP. The kids are feeling so anxious thinking that if they don’t pass their EOG’s they’ll get held back. Little do they know. Their scores only effect the staff at the school.

As I waited to check out and code my test materials, I ran into one of my coworkers who is also an adoptive parent (her adoption went through about 2 months ago, after having HAD to go all the way to the Supreme Court). We talked and vented.

For the next 3 hrs. I spent dealing with extremely hyperactive, disrespectful  5th graders. I thought I was going to pull my hairs out. My 1st graders were on a field trip so I was asked to test 5th grade. Big Mistake . . HUGE!

I later went back to my room and as I was about to eat lunch, I decided to call home and check on things.

I didn’t know that one phone call would change me in a matter of seconds.

 

Ladies and Gents…. as I was informed by the husband, IT’S OFFICIAL!

 

Introducing: 

MANNY KING HENDERSON

Yes. it’s true. 1 year, 9 months and 11 days later. My little boy is legally ours. The joy I feel is, well there’s just no words for it. It’s been a rollercoaster of a ride. There have been many ups and downs. No one knows exactly what the last 15,652 hours have been like except my amazing husband. He has been there to just hold me when I would be crying so hard that I couldn’t speak. He was there holding and squeezing my hand when I needed him to feel my true happiness. The worst part of it were the first 8,760 hours. After that it was just a matter of time.

Manny is one of the most AMAZING, EXTRAORDINARY being that I know in my life and I am more than humbled at the thought that Heavenly Father has chosen me to be his mother.

As I sit here and write, my eyes water over and over and over again. I’m not sad. I’m not finally relieved. I haven’t felt these emotions in a long time.

I just am HAPPY.

 IMG_14780808081022 0816081517a 0907082336 

  IMG_1537 IMG_1586 IMG_1480IMG_1589 IMG_1596 IMG_1598 IMG_1602IMG_1663 IMG_1650 IMG_1654 IMG_1656 IMG_1657  IMG_1679 IMG_1693 IMG_1699 IMG_1716 IMG_1723 IMG_1731 IMG_1748 IMG_1795 IMG_1796 n790859050_1022072_4609IMG_1830 IMG_1878 IMG_1978 IMG_1979 IMG_2009 img006 img058 Manny Picture 003  Picture 014phonephoto1 IMG_2298 IMG_2244 IMG_2231 IMG_2224 IMG_2216 Picture 024 Picture 041 Picture 088 Picture 111 IMG_4394 IMG_4409 IMG_4439 IMG_4441 IMG_4446 IMG_4449 IMG_4462 IMG_4494 IMG_4500 IMG_4636 IMG_4667 IMG_4699  IMG_4930 IMG_4939 IMG_4947 IMG_4956 IMG_2099 IMG_2113  IMG_2793 IMG_2821 IMG_2840 IMG_2922 IMG_2934 IMG_3023 IMG_3031 IMG_3048 IMG_3057 IMG_3069 IMG_3076 IMG_3096 IMG_3103 IMG_3160 IMG_3210 IMG_3334 IMG_3340 IMG_3343 IMG_3383 IMG_3385 IMG_3388 IMG_3489 IMG_3517 IMG_3530 IMG_3555 IMG_3640 IMG_3647 IMG_3651 IMG_3666 IMG_3672 IMG_3732 IMG_3763 IMG_3774 IMG_3777 IMG_3782 IMG_3800 IMG_4012 IMG_4019 IMG_4170 IMG_4179 IMG_4258 IMG_4265 IMG_4266 IMG_4294 IMG_4699  IMG_4930 IMG_4939 IMG_4947 IMG_4956 IMG_5025 IMG_5035 IMG_5047 IMG_5055 IMG_5068 2010-03-30 12.31.04 2010-03-30 12.55.47IMG_5104 IMG_5139IMG_5241 IMG_5256 IMG_5335 IMG_5336 IMG_5345 IMG_5406 IMG_5422 IMG_5432

8 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you and your family. That is really wonderful news!! He is such a cute and handsome boy just like your other one is!! You have 2 beautiful children:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! That is so exciting Karla!! I really am so happy for you and your cute family! Manny is such a darling little boy and he is VERY lucky to have such wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sobbing like a baby! SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!! Love it! Congrats guys and welcome to the family Manny - officially!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so excited for you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!! We're super-excited for you and Manny is so lucky to have you both as parents! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Karla and Ryan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful beautiful beautifulllll!!!! SOOOOO happy for your lovely family. he is just the most adorable chunk of LOVE!!!!!! he's so freakin CUTE!!!! what wonderful parents that blessed little boy has!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete