My amazing son turned 4 this past month. He was ecstatic about it. He counted down the days.
The days started with this made to order breakfast by chef daddy. Lukas loves loves loves BACON. Daddy had to travel with the Basketball team that day so he wasn’t going to be home all day. So I got off work early and took the boys out for a special lunch. Lukas chose apple restaurant aka Applebee’s, which I really don’t like. But birthday boy gets what birthday boy wants.
He ordered soup and salad, followed by his entree and then he got the special birthday icecream.
This was the 1st year Lukas had a bday party with his little friends. Before this it’s always been just family. He was thrilled. I just wanted something simple where the kids could just run around with no rules. So we used the church cultural hall. It turned out great. I have to thank my baby and my bro and sis in law, Russ and Aimee, for ALL of their help and for putting up with my crazies during this day.
There were yummies.
There were balloons. There was a kid’s table.
There were bubbles and blow up basketball.
Blow up soccer.
This was super cute. My niece Savannah was one of the few girls and she had on a super cute girlie flowy dress and she took a balloon and put it in her dress and was pretending to be a mommy. Well Lukas’ friend saw her do it and he spent about 15 mins. trying to shove that balloon into his shirt.
There was a pinata.
There were uncles wiping boogies.
There were noisemakers.
There were anxious candy waiters.
There was a hard working dad.
A birthday boy.
Jack Jack
River
Gray
Megan
Savannah was the greatest. She grabbed the bat and stared at the pinata. It was awesome. I think she was hoping it would break all on it's own.
The pinata broke off the hook.
One of the hardest things was getting the kids not to pull until everyone had a string.
Pure excitement in those eyes.
There was no way Manny wasn’t going to check out what was in all those presents. I guess he takes to heart “what’s your brother’s is yours and vice versa”.
I can’t get enough of him. He drives me ALL KINDS OF CRAZY. I love this child. I am very blessed to be his mother. The joy he brings into my life is unexplainable. I am so privileged and blessed to be the one guiding him in his life. To be the one teaching him to be who he is. I have to thank my Heavenly Father for guiding me in this bc he is turning out to be one awesome lad.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKAS! i can't believe he's FOUR! how crazy is that??? you always throw the best parties kar kar. what a fun day for your big boy!
ReplyDeleteawww... great party! Happy Birthday Lukas!
ReplyDeleteWow I cannot believe Lukas is 4 already! Time really flies by. Sounds like a really fun party!
ReplyDelete