8.07.2009

M&J REVISED

I THINK THE TABLOIDS WERE ON IN THE BACKGROUND WHEN I WROTE THIS AND THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON, BC I DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE M&J, INSTEAD OF M&D.

IN THE WORDS OF MY SON: "MOMMY, YOU'RE A SILLY STINKY ROOSTER, CHICKEN, COCK-A-DOODLE DOO, ALLIGATOR CAT!"

I am a huge fan of Melissa& Doug toys. But more importantly my kids are too. They love playing with them. I love that they are durable, natural and so creative. But my love was tested when I discovered a hidden toy. That's right one that was purchased many many months ago, way past 90 day return period.

The original purchase was intended to be put away for a couple of months until Lukas' 3rd birthday rolled around in back in February. That did not happen.

So the gift ended up being just a random toy that we purchased. It was a cube farm animal puzzle, puzzles.


Only problem was that only 3 of the 6 puzzles matched up right. Whomever was putting the stickers on, got it completely mixed up.

I thought I'd let it be, I mean I couldn't return or exchange it. Lukas was not happy about it. He kept trying and trying, but it wouldn't come together. So I told him I'd call.

Here is how the conversation went:
Dial tone.
Dial the 800 number.
Hear it ringing 2 times.

Real person on the line: Hi, thanks for calling Melissa and Doug, how can I help you.

Me: Silence, I was a bit in shock, I got a real human after just 2 rings. "Oh hi.I bought a cube puzzle for my son's birthday many months back and just got around to opening, the stickers don't match. Is there anything that can be done.

Real person on the line: Sure. Let me have the item number on the bottom. Okay. Oh I bet that's frustrating. Let me send a new one out to you.

Me: Oh my goodness that would be great. Thank you so very much.

hang up.

Lukas: Wha dey say mommy?

Me: They are going to mail a new one to us.

Lukas: A good one?

Me: Yes.

Lukas: Let's go check the mail.

Me: Okay, but we're not getting it today, tomorrow or the next, it will probably be another week before we get it.


2 Days later:


We have another new "completely functional" farm cube puzzle.

Now that's customer service.

4 comments:

  1. Big holla' to Melissa and Doug I am totally in love with all of their toys! Isn't is amazing how shocked we are when we get good customer service!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all their stuff too! Mady just got a book this past weekend that has magnetic puzzles all in it.... and their stuff is made to last. It's so durable. glad it worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I always thought their stuff was cute, but haven't really focused on purchasing them on purpose, but I will now! PS, I'm working on couponing and trying to get good at it like you! Of course UT is an easy place to coupon - we have whole websites dedicated to finding the best deals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have that exact same puzzle, the boys love it. keep an eye out, m & d can be found at most discount stores like ross, tj maxx and gabriel borthers! :) yea!

    ReplyDelete