11.13.2008

aRe They SERIOUS??????


I have to vent and confess. I am a tv addict. I love shows. I DVR EVERYTHING. Okay not everything, but a lot. Oprah, Ellen, CSI Miami and New York, Prison Break, Life, ANTM, American Idol, DWTS,and yes even the new 90210, So you think you can dance...and for the past 2 seasons......LIPSTICK JUNGLE. It is a total girlie show. Kind of a not "R rated" Sex and the City. It's about 3 really good extremely successful friends that live in New York and deal with life. I like to live vicariously through them sans the affair and drinking thing. But I always imagined myself moving to New York with my best friend and both of us being very successful. Walking around the streets in our stillhettos, amazing clothes, purses. Eating at chic places, going to museums and shows, grabbing taxi's on a way to some really important event dressed to kill. I now live at the same place I grew up in, wear flip flops and flats. My days are filled with waking up, grabbing breakfast on the way to out the door, kissing my 3 sleepy boys goodbye and then heading off to a fun filled day with snotty, coughing little elementary munchkins. I don't haul cabs, I haul 2 kids in car seats in a Mini Van. Ok, so it sounds like I'm complaining, I TOTALLY AM NOT! I love my life. I have an amazing husband and little boy. Seeing Lukas develop into a person and knowing that I contributed in large part to his amazing persona beats stillhettos (which probably would have me in blisters) any day. BUT.......... I can get unbelievably mad, when Ryan sat me down this morning and said...I have some bad news....NBC decided to call it quits on one of my fave shows...LIPSTICK JUNGLE. I am so mad. UGH is all I can say.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Karla :( You have a right to be mad. These shows totally get a TON of hype and get the audience excited to watch. Then once you are hooked, they dump you.

    It kind of feels like a break up!

    ReplyDelete