MANNY
I know many of you might be surprised. Many of you will probably have a lot of questions. Most of these we will not be able to answer. What I can tell you is that we are truly blessed. We have welcomed into our home a beautiful baby boy. His name is manny, short for Emanuel. He joined our family about 2-3 weeks ago. He is 2 months old. His birthdate is June 12, our anniversary. As of right now, Manny is our new foster baby. We are diligently praying that foster will turn into an adoption and that one day we can take him to the temple to be sealed for time and eternity. No we don't know when all this will happen or if it will, there is no set timeline for anything. All we know is that it feels right. He has brought so much happiness into our lives. We love having him around. It was quite a surprise. We got a call and 2 hours later he was with us. I wish I could tell you more, but there isn't much more to tell. He's amazing. He sleeps really well, in fact he sleeps all the time. He just wakes up every 4 hours to eat. Everything just feels so right. We know he's with us for a reason and we look forward to see what the future holds for our family. I will have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying doing the mommy thing again. Some of my favorite times are feeding him, holding him after the bath...ooh that smell, if I could bottle it up! Manny is just like Lukas 1/2 hispanic 1/2 caucasian. He has very fair skin and very light eyes. Tons and tons of hair. He loves kisses and cuddling.
Lukas is doing so great with him. He loves to cuddle him, feed him, tell us when he's stinky, carry him. He's been great. Not jealous at all.
Those cheeks...they kill me.
Welcome...we love you Manny!
Oh! He is sooo stinkin' cute! I hope everything works out the way you hope!! Congratulations for now! =o) We'll have to talk some about this sometime - Brian and I are often discussing adoption for our next option and I have heard great things about fostering first!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS girl. He is so adorable!! I hope that it all works out for you. He seems to fit very WELL in the family. Congrats again. He is very cute and you all look very happy
ReplyDeleteWOW!! Congrats. He is just precious. I want to squeeze those little cheeks. I hope all is going well with you and the new edition.
ReplyDeleteOh, wow! Karla, this is amazing! I'd love to hear more of the story if you have a minute! Jeff and I have seriously been pondering adoption the last few weeks. Its something that in our prayers very fervantly. How did Manny come into your home? What is the adoption process like? I know these might be personal questions, so if you're not comfortable answering them, I totally understand. But - you and your family are gorgeous and this is fantastic! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteseriously SO ceeeute! Babies are so precious. That stage is my favorite. We hope and pray Manny becomes forever part of your family. He looks like he fits in so well and is so lucky to have such a great family to take care and love him. We look forward to hopefully meeting him at homecoming!
ReplyDeleteYou guys all look so natural together. That picture of Manny looking up at you in so precious, he loves you so much, you can tell! We are praying for your family.
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable guys. That's wonderful and congratulations. Hope to see you guys soon!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! We hope all goes well with Manny. Hopefully Lukas will be a big help.
ReplyDeleteJill
That is so awesome karla! You are an amazing mommy! You all look so good together! I hope it all works out for you guys! He is adorable! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeletegood luck with everything! i hope it all works out...you will be in my prayers! i love the pics of lukas laying next to manny, those are so sweet!
ReplyDeleteHey Karla! I am so happy for you guys! Congrats on the new baby,we will be keeping your family in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute! How it exciting it must be to have him in your home. I hope this works out for you!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh!! he's beautiful~ congratulations! owen's only 13 days older - i hear you on those sleepless nights... i am so beyond exhausted. hope i get to meet him someday~ your family will be in our prayers.
ReplyDelete