We've had a ton going on in the past month. I have massive amts. of pics and stories to tell, but if I post them post by post, it will take me forever. So, I decided to just create a big post with tons of short stories. I hope you enjoy. This way I'll be caught up with life.
Way back into June, Ryan and I celebrated our 5 yr. anniversary. We had tickets to Tim Mcgraw so we decided to make a weekend trip of it. The concert was for Sat. night so our thoughts were to drive to Va Beach on Sat, spend the day, go to the concert and then stay the night and drive back sun. Ryan was awesome. He went ahead and booked the hotel room and he was so excited bc he got a great deal through priceline. He came home and told me all about it, Hilton and all. Well, long story short, he booked the hotel the wrong night. But it turned out to be a better thing. We went up fri. afternoon. We went swimming at the pool, out to dinner, arcading, and I even took Ryan dancing. We had a great time. The concert was great and we got home at 2 sat. am.
We borrowed my dad's mustang.
Shot it up.
Rode a few Harleys.
White water rafting.
Love you baby.
The next big thing that happened for the Hendersons was my brother and sister in law coming down for her family reunion. We had a blast. We just love her family and Lukas ADORES them. We went to the Lost Colony, Downtown Waterfront, sound, pooling, hot-tubbin, we had a blast.
That same week we did respit care for 2 little girls. (this means that we as licensed foster parents take care of foster kids while their permanent foster parents need to go out of town for a little while). We had 2 little angels. 10 month old Brittny and 2 yr. old Adri. They were great. But going from 1 child to 3 under the age of 2 is one of the toughest things ever. They were such great little girls. That is until all 3 of them got a bug. We had kids throwing up, we had fevers, we had runny noses, etc. And to top it all off, I got sick as well. I ended up gonig to the emergency room. If these 2 weeks proved anything to me, it was that I have the greatest husband in the world. I was in my bedroom for 3 days straight. During this time he took care of the kids. He was amazing. At the end, and once I got better all he had to say was " I never want to see a dirty diaper again".
Here we are doing after bath duty. It helps when you have 2 extra sets of hands.
This was Brit, she was pretty much attached to my hip, literally.
My really good childhood friend got married in June. It was fun to get all dressed up and go.
One night we had my best friends Brooke and Laramie over. He is a massage therapist, so he brought his chair with him. It was awesome, massage followed by ice cream and yahtzee. This was Ryan's 1st massage ever.
Ryan still plays in his Y league. Lukas loves it, especially when Heidi plays with him.
He keeps his eyes on "the wed (red) team" almost the entire time.
Yes, he still loves to dunk.
Sometimes he gets sleepy and lays down to watch.
One Saturday there was a kite festival over at the Wright Brother's Memorial. It was tons of fun. There were massive size kites and lukas was loving it, especially the octopus kite.
All the kids got to make their own kites.
In the memorial there is a house replica...lukas saw the door and kept knocking on it.
Future Astronaut.
Lukas flying his own kite.
This is a pic. of why summers are so crazy here at the beach...tourists, please stay home and if you come down...drive carefully. I wish this was written on a huge billboard at the foot of both bridges into town.
So Lukas loves his crib/now bed. He doesn't do well sleeping anywhere else. In fact he's never slept in our bed with us. NEVER EVER. Until the other day. He was comfy in our bed. It was about 10 am, he and I were just being lazy in bed. I went upstairs to get something from the kitchen and when I returned, I found this. Took him 2 yrs. but he finally slept in our bed.
He did it 2 days straight.
We went to the beach the other afternoon and we had a blast.
We have this random black cowboy hat in our house. We don't really know where we got it. I think it was part of a costume. Anyways Lukas found it in the garage one day and he wears it all the time. He will just randomly go pick it up and put it on. He's hilarious.
One of Lukas' favorite summer activities is Story Time at the library. They are learing about bugs. He's loving it.
Here is Lukas with his church bag Granny made for him. He fills that thing to the max when we're getting ready for church.
He found a cord cover and it wasn't until after playing around for a little while that he discovered that he could use it as an elephant trunk..look at his lips making the elephant noise.
Hope you enjoyed...and I'll try to keep my fam. journal updated so I don't overwhelm you again...at least not until the holiday months start coming along.
Caleb Homecoming
1 day ago
I love the new look of your blog. It was fun reading all about your month. Which Hilton did you stay at? The Oceanfront?
ReplyDelete