11.30.2007

Turkey Weekend!!


As my husband knows my favorite things are HOLIDAYS. I love to have parties, plan, organize, cook, shop for myself and others...so it's no wonder that when November 1 rolls around I start my own countdown....it's like an advent calendar that last for 2 months. Thus far the celebrations have been wonderful. First and foremost I turned 26. Fortunately this year it wasn't on Thanksgiving. I don't particularly like it when it's on the same bc neither special day gets the attention it deserves and I'm a huge birthday person...whether it's mine or someone else's.....for me they're a big deal,. as is a Holiday where the main purpose is to remember all the things you're grateful for and to eat. So I was excited about that.
Turkey weekend went as follows:

1.....We all gathered together at my g-mom's house for tons of delicious food. Everyone brings something. This year I decided to do all desserts. I was happy, bc I love to cook, so this was a chance to break out recipes and get to cooking fancy things. I will have to say they turned out delicious.
We also did our annual "draw names from a hat for the xmas exchange and don't tell anyone....but just know that come the next morning...everyone will know who has who"...this is always fun.

This is the apple pie I made...completely from scratch...no storebought anything here. The crust was perfect..but I had to taste it so there are pieces missing from it, and of course I put stars on it.



This is a pineapple pie...once again from scratch...this was my fave...

Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake...I dont like cheesecake but ryan assures me it was delicious.

and last but not least.....cherry pie.


I had so much fun doing this.. at the end of the night each person got to take their leftovers with them.....my excitement from the previous day faded somewhat when the next day around lunchtime we were craving some Thanksgiving leftovers and all we had was pie...Don't worry I called around and was able to scrounge up plenty of leftovers from the rest of my family...I now know better for next year.

2 Days Later it was my birthday and since it falls exactly 1 week from my brother's, my mom decided to do a double party for us....it was wonderful...our whole fam. got together and we enjoyed some delicious food. My mom cooked all day. Ryan was amazing. He knows how special bdays are for me...so he really went all out. He woke me up early and he and Lukas gave me tons of sugar (my favorite) and then he let me relax all day. He did great w/my birthday gifts. I had just recently watched the movie "Lucky You" with Drew Barrymore and the guy from "The Hulk". Well, I became very interested in "Texas Hold'em" so Ryan got me a play around set for home. He also got me knitting needles...which I desperately needed and best of all he got me a .....
ROOMBA

I'd been wanting one for a long time and was very excited. Totally surprised me. Lukas and cee-cee love to see it work it's magic. Cee-Cee thinks it's always chasing her.
He also baked me a cake....Vanilla Buttercream and Vanilla Buttercream icing....all from scratch...Baby..you're amazing! Thank you for making my special day so amazing.


Here are the cakes ...2 for me and my brother's.

Here is my little brother...there were like 10 pics and there is not one of him not making a face.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm such a blessed woman to have such a special and amazing man in my life. I love you babe.


3- This was so exciting...I finally got to meet Ethan Andrew Joseph Couey. I love this little munchkin. I wanted to hold him 24/7...and eat him up and squeeze all his sweetness out of him...ok...noone call DCSS on me, cause I got connections.



Lukas loved him. He kept saying "Bay-bee" and then after he got comfortable enough with him he tried squeezing the life out of him...wonder where he gets that from.



6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Karla!

    Sounds like Ryan did a great job, way to go bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm def a fan of your desserts although i only got to try the pumpkin cheesecake which was yummy! a certain little one kept me from eating and eating and eating during thanksgiving but i guess that's alright since i have to lose the baby weight. second of all your mom is the bomb cook i don't know why she doesn't cook more. and third---ethan says he will be there soon enough so you can hold him again just don't squeeze him please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two things:
    1. Those pies look AMAZING! What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving next year ;)
    2. Does the roomba really work? It looks too good to be true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karla congratulations! I loved all the pies you made - they look delish!

    Roomba looks cool awesome! I have seen it on TV only. Seems like now you will have more time on your hands to do more blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pies. They look so yummy! And you will have to post about the Roomba. I have been contemplating getting one for a while, but I think Will might destroy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just curious how the roomba has been working for you?

    ReplyDelete