
In the book Eat Pray Love Elizabeth talks about all the marvelous things she eats while in Italy. The pastas and the bread and how fresh everything is. I love the Italy chapters probably because I have an uncontrollable love of pastas and bread. I don’t like candy or sweet drinks or sodas, but bread and pasta, I crave.
Due to my love of these 2 staples, I never understood how Manny could DETEST bread. I tried to give it to him in all forms. He will not even take the sacrament bread. He picks it up from the tray and hands it over to me (or Lukas who feels a need to try to grab the one piece that is stuck to other pieces, in turn scoring him at least 2 miniscule pieces of sacrament bread). He’s 2 yrs. old people and he doesn’t like bread. He always touches it with the tip of his mouth and then quickly shakes his head and says DONE. Store bought, homemade, baguettes, croissants NOTHING.
That is until this last week. He decided to grab a piece of sacrament bread and not hand it over to his “starving” brother but rather put it in his mouth and follow it with a “mmm”.
I am a Happy mother.
You are a blogging machine! Ray and I have had food poisoning this week from a head of lettuce of all things!
ReplyDeleteI love your posts on the family reuion. They are just so sweet. And that picture of homemade bread is mouthwatering. That looks so yummy, especially after a week of toast and perrier!
so do you like eat pray love book??
ReplyDeleteI started reading a couple years ago and didn't even make it halfway through. I think something happened. It's funny bc I remember feeling so upset about something in my life and being miserable about it and not even wanting to read. Now I can't even think of what it was that made me feel that way.
ReplyDeleteBut I always wanted to finish it, so now I'm listening to it, thanks to a very special persone, wink wink. I'm enjoying it. Sometimes she babbles too much, but I'm enjoying it and I'm excited to finish it. Plus I most def. wanted to finish it before I watch the movie.