I wish I could say a lot about this day. Unfortunately I took a small break from the morning festivities to take care of some things. Everyone went to a lake and had a blast. My parents came into town that day (reason why coming tomorrow) so I met them. My mom and I went to get our hair taken care of. Then she joined me at home to help with dinner. It was our turn to cook and I asked for her expertise.
So for your viewing pleasure and mine…. the Lake!
p.s Manny is wearing his cousins swimmie.. we loved it and went out and bought the boy version, he might kill me for posting these pics when he hits his teenage years.
After the lake everyone returned home, us ladies shoved food in our mouths and headed out for a night out on the town. We were going to paint pottery. I was super excited about this. I wanted a big bowl/plate. I had been stressing about what I would buy and then actually paint.
We got there late to start with and the options were too many. But alas I found the perfect piece. We had our own private room in the back to talk and gossip.. I was excited. Erika didn’t join us but we were more than okay with that . . she had a couple of days old baby at home. She was such a trooper as it was. I would have stayed home the entire time.
My talented sister in law Teresa freehanded this. . . Seriously who’s able to do this?
My modern and spunky sister in law knew what she wanted and went for it.
I on the other hand was stressing the entire time. But my stress level increased when they told me I had 20 minutes to finish and I still had about 6 coats to go. I hushed my mouth and went to work. I FINISHED. Not in time to get an up close of my piece, but definitely in time for the group shot. We tried to negotiate with the retail girls (we tried to bribe them with Goodberry’s) but that didn’t work. She wanted us OUT! As we were walking out to the car I realized I kind of stopped breathing when they said I had 20 mins. and I finally took a deep breathe. Now I see where my son gets it from.
We had to leave our pieces and I can’t wait to finally see it. The colors will be a lot darker and richer and I just can’t wait. Did I mention I can’t wait. I’ll post a pic of that later.
My fortune telling abilities to my plate: I see much pasta and salad in your future.
After we painted we headed to Goodberry’s. It was yummy. Then we just sat and chatted. We talked about so many things. Our kids. Our homes. Our hubbies. Ourselves. Then after we’d been there for over 2 hours we decided it’d be fun to have our hubbies join us. SO we texted them all at the same time (okay, except for me I didn’t have my phone with me). The text went something like this. “BOOTIE CALL, GOODBERRY’S” About 30 seconds later all 7 men were there. Seriously MEN. We all still stayed there for about 2 more hours. We were just sitting in the dark. Goodberry’s was way passed closed and they turned off every light. We chatted about so many things. We joked. We opened up about so many things. It was such a fantastic evening that I will never forget. I developed an even stronger love for my brothers and sisters in law.
That evening , all I can say is
We’ll always have Goodberry’s.

No comments:
Post a Comment