Let's preface this by you going back and reading my Tuesday April 3 post. Scroll down to my comment below the 2nd picture of Lukas on his swing, then come back to this post. You'll have a pretty good idea of what this post is about.
Saturday morning: aren't they supposed to be for sleeping in? Kids making breakfast? Oh, I guess we have to go through some rough patches before we get there.
So our Sat. morning started out not too bad. It was about 8:15, I got up and took Cee-Cee out. I have to make sure she gets outside before the sprinklers cut on. Ryan got up because Lukas was in his room yelling.....ma ...ma....daddy......ma...da....cee-cee...ball..gama...dunk...dunk..more more...bye bye....pretty much all his vocabulary to date.
It was perfect: I was getting cee-cee, ryan had lukas, we were going to have breakfast. I stood outside a little while enjoying the beautiful morning while Cee-Cee took care of business. I walk inside and hear .."Babe....come here..I want to show you something. Your son became a magician overnight. "
Are you guys ready....here comes his first ever magic trick!
Please turn off all pagers and cell phones.
ENJOY THE SHOW!
Summary: Whenever Lukas sleeps it looks like a hurricane came through his room...he throws every possible thing out. As you can see....his pillows, bottle, toys, blanket, etc. You get the point.
Climax of the show:
Today we found something a little out of the ordinary thrown from his crib.
His onesie is still on and buttoned.
This was quite a morning. No breakfast, no sleeping in. Yes to Ryan dunking him in the bathtub. Yes to Karla cleaning and sanitizing every single inch of that crib, followed by a big load of laundry. Fortunately he didn't decide to take his diaper and play with it. He just took it off and threw it on the ground along with everything else. Good thing it landed closed on the ground.
The funny thing is , even though it was the most disgusting thing ever, Ryan and I couldn't help but laugh. It was a moment we'll never forget. We thought it would never happen because we would put onesies, bc they're buttoned on the bottom and he wouldn't ever get to his diaper. Boy were we wrong. I went out and tried finding the pyjamas that zip up w/the footies. Too bad they aren't selling them bc summer is here. I had to get creative in finding pyjamas that will be houdini proof.
Just in case, you didn't go back and read my post from a month and a half ago, here you go:
This is lukas commmenting:
I went down for a nap wearing both of my socks and a pair of pants...what happened? Oh that's right they're on the floor of my room ..along w/my bottle,pillow, pillowcase, blanket, toys. Mommy and Daddy are afraid 1 day they'll walk in and find my dirty diaper. Hee-Hee
LOL, all i can think about is the "Walk off" in Zoolander when "Hans Solo" pulls his underwear out of his pants. Lukas is my hero!
ReplyDeleteOh my I just died getting that image in my head. You are so right. It really was like that.
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny karla!! He is so talented! Isn't it so funny what our babies can do? Jackson will surprise me with things everyday and I will say "He can do that"? Isn't it fun being a Mom!
ReplyDeleteHee Hee. This is very funny. Lena left the same suprise for Jeff not too long ago after her morning nap. Except, she DID play in it. The most disgustingly funny thing ever. I'm just glad Jeff discovered it and not me!! HAHA. too funny.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteRyan! Angela and I found your blog and wanted to say "hi"! How are things? Our blog is bowesperry.blogspot.com and we are going to add you!
ReplyDeleteROFL! That's hilarious! Josh throws everything out of his crib too. I got hit in the face with a full bottle of water once. One time he woke up really early in the morning and Joanne put some of his toy cars into the crib and he threw those out too. However when I woke up I didn't see them and fell on my butt when I stepped on them. Freaking kids are dangerous.
ReplyDelete